10 January 2015

Reader Problems Tag


I was tagged by Olivia to complete this tag so thanks for that! All you have to do is answer the questions, so lets get started:


You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I literally have no sensible way of doing this. I just choose the book that looks the best/I want to read the most at that time which means I have had some books on my TBR pile for ages because I want to read them but then I find other books I want to read more and oh god the struggle...

You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?

I depends how my I'm hating it. If there's a small chance that it will get better, then I'll continue but if there isn't then I just give up because I have so many books I want to read, so why waste time reading something you're not enjoying?

The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
If I was close to finishing the challenge, like I had 5 books left I would definitely try but if it was really far away I wouldn't be that bothered about it. Like last year I didn't really try to complete the challenge but I'm going to try this year!

The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?

I always prefer for the covers to match but if they don't I'm not hugely bothered... When I buy a series I try to buy the matching covers but if they don't have that cover in stock then I'm not largely bothered.

Everyone and their mothers love a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
The best thing about having a blog is that you can always find people who have similar feelings to you. So when I don't like a book I just find people in the community and bond with them!

You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I'm an emotional wreck when it comes to sad books, I cry at the smallest things! If I start crying in public I won't hold back but I will subtly wipe away the tears and hope people haven't noticed... and I hope my make-up didn't smudge;)

A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you've forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
It really annoys me when the first book in a series comes out one year and the second one doesn't come out until a year later because I usually read so many other books I've forgotten what happens. I usually just read the last couple of chapters of the other book to remind myself as well as finding the synopsis on goodreads.

You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I am very funny about keeping my books looking new and I hate it when the spines crack so I only let people who I can trust borrow them. If someone asks and I know they're going to crack the spine I'll usually make up an excuse abut someone else having it or something...

Reading ADD. You've picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I don't think I've ever been in the reading slump before... But I think I would just keep picking up books until one really interests me. And if that doesn't work I'd just go to one of my favourite novels/series:)
There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
I have a bad habit of finishing one book and buying ten more so I'd probably buy them all! I'd see if there were any offers on and prioritse those books and then buy the rest if I have any money left (because books are so expensive these days!)

After you've bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Because I buy so many they just sit on my shelf for ages, and then I buy more because I finished another book and then I just forget about them and god it's a never ending cycle!


I tag:
 Mallory @ Mallory Books
Blessie @ Mischievous Reads

12 comments:

  1. I like my series books to match too! That is why it pains me that I have Harry Potter books 1 and 2 in leather bound and then I never seemed to see any others in the series like that. I have the whole set in regular hardcover, but I want to complete my leather bound set. :) I pick books off my TBR list the same way that you do- whatever looks best to me that day.

    Happy reading-
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh leather bound sounds so perfect. I got the Harry Potter collection for Christmas in the new 'children's covers that have beautiful artwork and they make me so happy because I just love pretty books in general!
      There are probably more logical ways of doing TBR piles but nevermind!

      Delete
  2. Great answers :) we're similar on a lot of them: I'm also really careful when it comes to my books and a cracked spine drives my crazy! If they don't match I'm often annoyed at first but then Ii rearrange them and get used to it :) I also buy books (that I have every intention to read) but simply no time! Add on kindle books and my TBR is huuuggee!!

    Most recent post: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.com/2015/01/review-strange-angels-strange-angels-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I lent my friends books in the past and one of my friends is so careless and gives them back to me with cracked spines so now I just refuse to lend them to her oops
      I know, my TBR pile is never ending because I just add 5 books on when I finish one ahaa :)

      Delete
  3. We are just so alike at some point! :O I'm very much careful with my books too, I have them wrapped in plastic cover, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHH that's such a clever idea :o I might try that and then I can actually lend people my books aha

      Delete
  4. Great answers! To be honest, I think any TBR is a great struggle. At least you are always in the mood for what you read! I agree - always give a book a chance, but if it's not working there are others you can read. I am not too bothered when covers don't match either, but I do prefer it. I hate it when people crack the spine of my books as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think TBR piles are something everyone struggles with. Yeah I always give it until about half way and if it's still rubbish, I decide to try something better:)

      Delete
  5. I agree, if I don't like a book, then I stop reading. Life's too short for bad books. I'd rather spent my time and energy on all those AWESOME books out there!

    - Love, Felicia
    ( http://asillygirlsthoughts.weebly.com/ )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's such a valid point! I don't want to waste time reading a book I'm not enjoying when I could be reading something amazing :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for tagging me girlll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's alright:) I look forward to reading your answers

      Delete

Hello and thank you for commenting! I advise you to tick the box that says 'Notify me' so you will be sent an email when I reply to you! I will do this asap.
If you have any further questions don't hesitate to send me an email!